Friday, August 26, 2011

The Gulls of Boundary Bay...

Out of all of the Gulls one's likely to see, out at Boundary Bay's Centennial Beach in Tsawwassen, British Columbia, the Ring-billed is the most common.


Sure, some would refer to these as "parking lot" Gulls, because they're often seen outside of fast food restaurants foraging for food, but I still think they're beautiful to look at. Their striking eyes and the beautiful contrast of black wingtips and white underparts make this Gull one of my favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Kimberly! Nice series. I'm always amazed how large their mouths are! They can swallow a whole lot at once!
    Ps: I've missed your posts! Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific gull shots, Kimberley! I like the black ring around the eyes. I can hear the gull calling from the last shot.

    ReplyDelete