Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Highlights from Westham Island...

Since I have been ill, the last few days, I thought I would forego tomorrow's "Wings on Wednesday", to bring you my recent photo highlights from the George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary, on Westham Island. I hope you enjoy them...

A handsome Gadwall


A coy Cackling Goose

A friendly Marsh Wren

A shy Barn Swallow


A pair of Tree Swallows

A colorful House Finch

A Yellow-rumped Warbler


A photogenic female Red-winged Blackbird

..and last, but not least, a very motherly Sandhill Crane [currently warming two eggs]. I hope to bring you photos of the colt[s] very soon.

Until next time....

7 comments:

  1. Kimberly, I agree with Robbie! All great shots.
    You guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photo series Kimberley! Love the handsome Gadwall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful clear images of many beautiful birds! Fabulous wren and gadwall shots. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots Kimberly ..now I clearly know a barn from a house swallow..:-)

    ReplyDelete