Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Westham Island in the Spring...

Since my boys are on Spring break, I thought it would be the perfect time for us to spend a morning out at the George C. Reifel Migratory Sanctuary, on Westham Island. Although we are only a week into Spring, we noticed a few changes, both in the trees and in the ponds; ducks, geese, wrens, eagles, all paired up. Very few of the birds were flying solo. It reminds me of an old Tom Jones song; Love is in the air, everywhere I look around...


A sweet pair of Wood Ducks

Male Lesser Scaup

A pair of Canada Geese

A Tree Swallow, scoping out a nearby nestbox

A Red-winged Blackbird


An American Coot

Sing it with me....

6 comments:

  1. Kimberly, I think we were following along right behind you! You must have been close, cause I thought out there once, "I wonder if Kimberly is here!"
    I was there with my wife, daughter and grandkids, doing the spring break thingy! It was a wonderful day out there!
    Great song, and great shots! I was really happy to see the swallows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful shots. We had a pair of wood ducks on our pond here in Texas today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I had gone with you....I miss the swallows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time out at the sanctuary. Stunning images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful day Kim, great images! I am on spring break this week also, very rainy here in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments :)
    @Robin, we arrived around 10AM and stayed until just after lunch. One of these fine days, we will run into each other :)

    ReplyDelete