Monday, October 25, 2010

What Do You See? Impressions, by Joshua...

Today, I was going through my son's photographs from our recent trip to the George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary. I was very pleased with them and wanted to feature just a few here.

My son is 9 years of age and shares my love for the outdoors, photography, and birds. To follow are just a few of his images.















The most important thing I've learned, while going through these images, is that my son noticed things I overlooked ~ the mushroom, the scattered flight patterns of the Snow Geese, a fleeting moment of silence while "little brother" watched a Hawk hunt over the marsh, and the way the Long-billed Dowitchers appeared from the tower while looking through the fence. Sadly, I've never even bothered to climb that tower, or back-up far enough to catch more birds in flight, or study the forest floor in search of mushrooms.

Perhaps, next time, I will. Thank you, Joshua, for showing me the little things ~ things overlooked.

6 comments:

  1. What fabulous pictures! I especially love the wonderful effect through the fence. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids can really teach us a lot about our perspectives and show us a lot that we might miss. great shots. he has a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a most wonderful blog post! I see the apple does not fall far from the tree. What a refreshing view Joshua has. Love the scene through the fence. Impressive work! How proud you must be :) A delightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joshua, great job! I love all of your shots and the cranes are my favorite! Keep up the great work.
    Kimberly, I've been up the tower a couple of times, but didn't even think of it with all those Dowitchers below, even though I was standing beside it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! i love the photo of the Dowitchers thru the fence! Brilliant! Well done Joshua!

    ReplyDelete