Saturday, August 7, 2010

A trip to Elgin Park, South Surrey...

Recently, I visited one of my favorite local birding hotspots, Elgin Heritage Park in South Surrey, British Columbia. I arrived shortly after 7:00 AM, and quickly discovered that this, in fact, is the best time to visit. To follow are just a few of the photos I managed to take....






A Garter Snake...in the grass....


A Yellowlegs, reflecting...


A curious 1st year Common Yellow-throat...


A Black-headed Grosbeak [...and a life bird too]...


The elusive Willow Flycatcher...


A fleeting moment with a Bushtit...


...and those that know me, know that I love to stop and smell the flowers...along with this fuzzy Bumblebee...

There were so many other sights and sounds I picked up on this day. Sadly, I was unable to catch all of them with my camera. Also seen were oodles of bunnies, a Rufous Hummingbird, several adult Common Yellowthroat Warblers, a Yellow-rumped Warbler [Audubon's], and many Tree and Barn Swallows. Next time, I'll get 'em.

Until next time, my friends...

4 comments:

  1. Super post my friend! Congrats on the Life Bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Black-headed Grosbeak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elgin Park looks like a beautiful place to visit with an abundance of fabulous wildlife. Wonderful post and photos! Congratulations on the lifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos especially the grosbeak

    dan

    ReplyDelete