Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Richmond Nature Park: A Photo Album

Here is a small collection of photos, taken at the Richmond Nature Park, over the last few days. Most of the critter's [and birds] shown can be easily observed throughout the park. Others, like the Golden-crowned Kinglet and Bewick's Wren, are considerably more difficult to spot.

You're sure to see atleast one friendly Douglas Squirrel....


...making his way up the post and on to the peanut feeder...


This one was kind enough to pose for me a while...


Rather handsome, don't you think?




This one somehow got himself into the 'caged' feeder...


Looking a little like a prisoner in Squirrel jail...


A Cooper's Hawk sat perched in a tree, near the bird feeders...


A raptor not to be messed with...


While the Cooper's Hawk sat perched, the Downy Woodpecker carried on about his business....




A much larger Hairy Woodpecker was pecking away at a nearby moss-covered tree....


A banded Fox Sparrow took a break from digging in the dirt to munch on seed below the feeder....


There are literally hundreds of Black-capped Chickadees that call the Richmond Nature Park home...




Always pretty is this Spotted Towhee...another widespread regular...




As mentioned above, I managed to flush out this little cutie...Golden-crowned Kinglet...




..and this sweet little Bewick's Wren...


I wonder what I will find here tomorrow....?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, love the fox sparrow.

    dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots! What a cute squirrel and I love the Coopers Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots all around!!!
    You know, as much as the squirrels frustrate me in my yard, I love to watch them and all their antics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy day you had. So many good pics! I have never seen a Spotted Towhee so that of course is my fav from this post. Such a cute bird. Love the perspective you got on the Coopers Hawk too and mossy trees in your area, cute Hairy. Okay I had more than one fav :)

    ReplyDelete