Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch

Today, we took the kids out to Rondriso Farms on 172nd Street in Surrey, B.C. It is a nearby working farm that not only handles cattle, but offers that largest pumpkin patches in our area.





We enjoyed a hayride out to the field to select our pumpkins:



There were many pumpkins to choose from:






My youngest son selected his:


My oldest selected his:



My good friend, Sherri, selected hers (apparently, she could not decide on which):




My husband spent the greatest amount of time...venturing deep into the patches to locate the ultimate pumpkin:



This afforded me time to carefully select mine -- isn't it pristine?



Before we delivered our bounty to the car, we stopped to pay our respects to this poor farmer:



Tune in next weekend...when we carve our pumpkins and decorate the house and yard for Halloween.

4 comments:

  1. Hehehe...Love Sherri's selection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, Hee Sherri's pumpkins are ...er...beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FANTABULOUS series. I'm jealous and want to join in the fun. Beautiful captures. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete