Sunday, July 5, 2009

Birding @ Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary

Every weekend, I try to set aside atleast one day for birdwatching. Now, I’ve been to many places, most of which I have blogged about here, but my favorite place of all is the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary on Westham Island. Every time I go there, I see something new. Today was no exception.

My highlight was a bit unusual, this time. I had a handful of seed for the ducks, and when I held it out, a tiny little chickadee came and sat on my hand. It was a thrill to see a chickadee close up (he was much lighter than I ever imagined). Sadly, my camera had the telephoto lens attached and the critter was too close for that. It really did not matter anyway. I was glad to host him ~ with or without proof.

Here are just a few images from the trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment