Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cuteness Overload : Fledglings @ the Feeder

After a rather long day at the office, I came home to a backyard fence lined with adorable little House Sparrow fledglings. Where one went, so did the rest of ‘em. A noisy bunch too.








I know the house sparrows receive a round of negative publicity in the United States and in parts of Canada, however, I do not see many of these at my feeders. The vast majority are either American Goldfinches, Purple Finches, or Red-winged Blackbirds.
If and when the house sparrows become a problem, I will deal with them accordingly by changing the variety of seed I use. I know, for one, they do not like the Nyger Seed so I may make a switch. We will have to see how it goes. For now, I will sit back and enjoy the fledglings.

No comments:

Post a Comment