Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birds : In Focus

When my kids asked me what I wanted for my birthday, it wasn’t hard for me to think of something. I wanted a Canon Rebel XSi with a decent telephoto lens. I wasn’t asking for much, right? What’s approx. $1,200.00 between friends, right? They could have easily sold their toys for money, right? Well, considering my children are 8 and 4 years of age, it would have been a bit of a struggle for them (even with their dad’s help).

So, I gave them another option – a telephoto/wide angle lens kit for my Canon Powershot G7. A far more reasonable request, I thought.

Today, my boys presented me with a gift – something that fits perfectly on my Powershot. Can you see a difference? These finches would have felt my breath on their fine feathered necks (without the upgrade). Now, I just need a tripod…or a steady set of hands.







No comments:

Post a Comment